Thirsty

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (‭Psalm‬ ‭42‬:‭1-2‬ NIV)

As I write this, I've just gotten up from bed and I'm thirsty.  I can feel the need for water in my body.  Do I feel the same need for God?  Do I thirst for Him as my body thirsts for water? Do I desire time alone with Him as much as my body desires water when I am thirsty?

I've gone for about a day without water and could probably go longer if I had to. It is said that a person can live for about three days without it.  How long can I go without time with God?  Like the psalmist, I hope that my soul would thirst for God like my body thirsts for water.  May that need be so strong that I could not rest until I had been with Him and had my spiritual thirst satiated.

Comments

Popular Posts