Regrets

This week, I found out that an acquaintance had passed away. Several years back, he was in a motorcycle accident and was paralyzed from the neck down.  Since then, he had been moved from nursing home to nursing home all over East Texas.  My plan was to go and visit him every few months.  It never happened.  Once again, I let my procrastination keep me from strengthening a relationship and being encouraged in the process.  

As you can probably tell, this isn't the first time this has happened.  I missed building a relationship with a relative in my area.  In fact, I never met this gentleman even though I had several opportunities.  I also missed out on visiting a neighbor who passed away.  

I always said, "I need to go visit them."  But, I never did.  Now, death has taken away that opportunity.  I have to say that it was my loss.  They never knew my intentions.  Would it mattered if they did?  It matters to me.  

So, what do I do now?  Will I continue this cycle and have even more regretful  moments?  Or, when someone comes to mind, will I go and visit them?  

It is time for no more of these regrets. 

Comments

Popular Posts