Kicking God out of schools???

Recently, I've heard a lot of talk about how we're "kicking God out of schools."  This statement is also used with reference to government, business, and a host of other entities.  Now, I think I know what people mean when they use this phrase.  If I'm right, they are referring to our attempts to exclude the use of the Bible and references to God from public life.  At the same time, I want to say to them, "You are a lot tougher than I am."  You see, the God I worship is not going to be kicked out of anything.  He is the Creator of everything.  According to my Bible, He spoke and everything we know came into being.  He is not a part of our universe; We are a part of His.

Therefore, I propose we change our language.  Yes, people are trying to remove any reference to God from the public square. That's obvious.  But, when we use phrases like "kicking God out of..,." or "removing God from...", we are saying, in essence, that He is not strong enough to hold His own against a turning tide of society.  There is nothing further from the truth. When we are gone, He will still be on His throne.  So, let's work on coming up with alternative phrases that describe what is really going on without diminishing the majesty and authority of God.




Comments

Popular Posts